The fourth annual Samaritan Scramble golf tournament was held June 2 at the Albany Golf and Event Center and raised $125,950 for the Samaritan Health Services’ Patient Support Program.
The Samaritan Health Services’ Patient Support Program provides critical support to patients across Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties by assisting them with expenses such as medical bills, transportation, prescriptions, nutritional supplements and groceries
“The program is available to patients who have demonstrated financial need,” said Doug Boysen, CEO of Samaritan Health Services. “Often times, these out-of-pocket expenses are seen as a barrier to accessing health care. With the generosity of our participants and sponsors, we are able to carry out our mission of building healthier communities together.”
The tournament hosted 27 teams and had 27 sponsors ranging from the tournament level at $2,500 to the platinum level at $15,000.
This is year’s platinum-level sponsors were GBC Construction, Gallagher Insurance/Risk Management and Vizient. Skanska was a gold-level sponsor. Central Willamette Credit Union, Corvallis Radiology, PC and KeyBank all sponsored at the silver level along with 20 tournament-level sponsors.
Winners of this year’s golf tournament were:
- First-place low gross team: Steve Uerlings Team.
- Second-place low gross team: Corvallis Radiology Team.
- Third-place low gross team: TeamHealth Team.
- Most fun award: Sodexo Team.
- Men’s closest-to-the-pin: Mark Kalmar (hole 8) and Robert Ray (hole 11).
- Ladies closest-to-the-pin: Jennifer Harrison (hole 8) and Lori Davis (hole 11).
- Men’s long drive: Austin Hyde (hole 2) and Erik Fedler (hole 10).
- Ladies long drive: Allie Kreusser (hole 2) and Lori Davis (hole 10).
Next year’s tournament will be held at Salishan Golf Resort in Gleneden Beach on June 1, 2023.
For more information about the Samaritan Scramble and how to get involved next year, contact Christy Duncan at email@example.com.